We went tracking at the Community Center near 360 and practiced a left turn. It was around 61°F at 3 pm. I laid a track right beside the Community Center building that was two 60-step legs (scuffing all steps) with a left turn and food every three steps. Fanny was trying to pull me to the left quite a bit, but she kept her nose down and working. Here is my map of Fanny's track.
5:15 pm Overcast/not windy/66°F at the large field at Cold Harbor Battlefield Fa nny ran down the track and pretty much ignored the food but did stop for it a couple times but not because she was nervous. She was very excited to track. Tail wagging and indicated each article without me saying or doing anything. I just stayed quiet and gave her a minute and she nudged the articles with her nose and then laid down. I think she was excited to track and excited to get to the jackpot in each article. Edit: I forgot to add that Fanny did drink from her water bottle at the end of the track. I made her lay back down at the last article and offered her water. In that position, she decided to drink a little bit.

Comments
Post a Comment