Skip to main content

December 16

I started fanny but letting her cleanup Cheeky and Sizzle’s tracks. She then did her own 80 scuff step track with food every two steps. Fanny did great. She was very happy and ate a lot of the treats. She was working and using her nose.

Comments

  1. Good to hear! I think if you can get her over the jump of ‘stranger danger’ tracking might be very good for her!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2: Cold Harbor Battlefield

  5:15 pm Overcast/not windy/66°F at the large field at Cold Harbor Battlefield Fa nny ran down the track and pretty much ignored the food but did stop for it a couple times but not because she was nervous.    She was very excited to track.    Tail wagging and indicated each article without me saying or doing anything.    I just stayed quiet and gave her a minute and she nudged the articles with her nose and then laid down.    I think she was excited to track and excited to get to the jackpot in each article. Edit: I forgot to add that Fanny did drink from her water bottle at the end of the track.  I made her lay back down at the last article and offered her water.  In that position, she decided to drink a little bit.

December 27: Cold Harbor Battlefield

I let Fanny help me clean up Cheeky and Sizzle tracks again and pick up the clothes pins we left on their tracks.  When I got her out of the van there were a lot of cars in the parking lot, but not a lot of people. She was very enthusiastic about getting out and "going tracking."  While cleaning up Cheeky's tracks someone walked by with a dog and while we were walking from the first track to the second track a jogger went by.  She didn't seem too concerned about them and was more concerned about finding more hot dogs.

January 2: Tracking at Cold Harbor Battlefield

 I let Fanny do Cheeky and Sizzle’s tracks after them.  I was going to the left from the start of Cheeky’s track but Fanny knew where the track went and pulled me to the track.  After that she knew exactly where the turn was and  did a great job keeping her nose down and staying in track and finding the article.   She did a great job on the second track.  It was my fourth track videoing myself with a chest harness and I think it’s a pretty good video.